Ritual Report

Author: Hexeengel /

I performed a solitary ritual tonight. (Click the entry's title to read the report.)



Before I even set anything up, I did something I’ve never done before; I used my handmade homemade besom! I swept around the room, concentrating on clearing the space, then laid it across the East side (click), as a barrier while I set up the altar. After I was in the space and beginning the ritual, I stood it up and leaned it against the near-by door frame (click).

In the shower before ritual, I was driven to sing chants, and they energized me:

~ Under the Full Moonlight (3x)
~ We All Come From the Goddess (3x)
~ Listen to the Lord and Lady (3x)
~ Goddess Chant (9x)
~ Mothers and Fathers of Old (3x)

Normally I find going through all the motions (not in that way) of building the Circle to be... not boring, but... lackluster, I guess. But this time I really felt as though the Guardians of the Watchtowers were there. I think a recent addition I made, placing representatives of the Elements instead of only having the candles, played a factor here (pictures below).

For the actual Full Moon rite, I concocted a “Moongazing” ritual. I have clear glass tealight holders, and I turned one of them upside down and put the tea light underneath, making it somewhat like the Moon. I spoke my personal Full Moon invocation to the Goddess, made a brief statement of purpose, then closed my eyes and performed my “Four Square Breath” (inhale four heartbeats, hold four, exhale four, hold four. Repeat three more times). I opened my eyes and gazed at the “Moon.”

My eyes unfocused and I heard Blodeuwedd’s voice, “You have left the path.”

“No I haven’t!” I protested.

“Yes, you have.” I could tell further denials would only upset Her more.

“I’m trying to get back on it, that’s what tonight is about.”

“Continue to follow it. Seek it out. Speak to him.” She meant my husband. (background: I am seeking Traditional Gardnerian initiation, but my husband is not entirely comfortable with the idea.)

‘I’m frightened,” I said, knowing She’d heard it all before. Then I noticed that the other Gods I have personal contact with were there. I asked each of Them in turn for Their help.

“Aslan, lend me your strength. An Mhor Rioghain, your courage. Blodeuwedd, your sovereignty. Lugh, your wisdom.” (Note: No, I don’t “worship” Aslan. He is a manifestation of the Sun God, which is now interesting considering Lugh is here too. Something I have to ponder.)

Aslan was the one to reply at first, “All these things shall be yours.”

“But only if you continue on as you are tonight,” Blodeuwedd added. I was summarily dismissed at that point, but it didn’t come as a rejection, more like a “go out into the big wide world” kind of encouragement. I thanked them (well, I admit, Blodeuwedd mostly), performed the Cakes and Wine rite (English muffins and white wine, good stuff), and closed the Circle.

Now, pictures (click to make them bigger)!!

Photobucket
Altar overview.


Photobucket
Goddess side detail.


Photobucket
God side detail.


Photobucket
Center detail.


Photobucket
"Top" detail.


Photobucket
Air - feathers in an etched glass bowl.


Photobucket
Fire - tea light in a lantern.


Photobucket
Water - water in a blue glass dish.


Photobucket
Earth - marble sphere.


Photobucket
Obligatory candlelit shot. I SWEAR the flash was turned off!! Also, I moved the Quarter candles onto the altar to give as much light as possible.

1 comments:

---Lea Elisabeth said...

Awesome! That is seriously great. I can't wait to get my studio set up so I can prep my room for ritual. In May, I'll be getting a bunch of stuff, so I think I'll be doing a big dedication ritual.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive