50/50 Sabbats

Author: Hexeengel /

Continuing with the personal mythology exploration, here are those Sabbats that I'm semi-comfortable with.

Eostar - "Spring cleaning." "Out with the old, in with the new." Balance leading to upward momentum. Day begins to conquer night.

Lammas - First harvest. Grains. God begins His descent. Bread blessing. Bounty of harvest. First day of Autumn.

Fall Equinox - Second harvest festival. More somber. Time of reflection. Balance leading to downward spiral. More sacrifice. Preparing for Winter. Night begins to conquer day.

I realized that, of these first two harvest festivals, Lammas is still holding onto the joy and revelry of Summer, while the Equinox is beginning to recognize the diligence and hardship of Winter. This is a transitional time. I'm betting/thinking/hoping a certain realization will come to me in reference to Imbolc and Eostar.

And for some reason, I want to come up with different names for the Equinoxes. I like Autumnus (aw-TUM-nuhs) for the Fall Equinox, and I was considering Vernalia (ver-NAY-lee-ah) for the Spring, but I'm not set on the latter. Any thoughts, on any of this?

1 comments:

SpiritPhoenix said...

Well first, isn't Eostar/Ostara the Vernal or Spring equinox and the Fall or Autumnal Equinox is Mabon?

You could use those terms. Or your Autumnus and Vernalia. I'm sure those have been used before too. Go with what works for you. But if you refer to them with others, you may have confused looks until you explain what you mean.

Blessed Be.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive